Friday, September 18, 2009

Well, now I've done it.

Yesterday after work, I went with my friend Brian to pick up his camper from his little sliver of paradise, Holiday Lake. Yes this is the same person who almost capsized a boat, but since nothing bad really happened, I went back anyway. Besides, he promised no water sports so I thought it would be safe. The trip went fine, no bad things happened, we didn't crash the truck or camper. This was one of the few times things actually went as they were supposed to. It's nice to have that happen every once in a while.

On to the point of my post. He has started this movement. FTG or Free Todd Garrison on his Facebook page. At first it was designed to force Michelle to let me play basketball on Tuesday nights out in Atkins. You see Michelle plays volleyball on Tuesdays and doesn't get home in time for me to make it out there on a consistent basis, actually hardly ever, so I quit trying and just gave up. So FTG has morphed from that to something along the lines of getting me to join Facebook. At the beginning, I was against it, but after wearing me down for an hour, I said if he gets 30 legitimate people to join, that I personally know and have an interest in, I'll jump on Facebook.

I see this ending only in a bad way in that I'm probably going to have to become one of you. And by you, the millions who are on Facebook. There could be worse things. I could be tied down on top of an ant hill covered in honey or sprayed by a skunk. Or sprayed by a skunk while on top of an ant hill covered in honey. Basically anything with skunks and honey craving ants are about the only things worse than Facebook.

I think I'm in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment