Monday, October 19, 2009

That's an interesting thought

The other day, my friend Brian and I were having lunch. Our birthdays are two days apart and since we've been friends since high school and we're both turning 35 we decided to splurge and go to our favorite 5 star restaurant. I hadn't been there since they renovated about a year ago so I was anxious to see the changes.

The outside was nice. Fresh paint, new stucco, cleaned up the landscaping. Then when I stepped inside, I could really see the changes. Everything was new. No more teal seats. No more gray floor tiles, no more purple railings. It looked as classy as I imagined it would when we decided to go there a few days ago. Everything was decorated in nice earth tones with a touch of the deepest blue you could imagine. Absolutely gorgeous. New seats and tables. In fact, everything was new. It was like stepping into a magazine ad for one of those luxury condos on Lake Michigan in downtown Chicago.

The service was quick, the food was great as always and we had great conversation between us. We decided that we are going to try and make this a regular event. Who knows, maybe next week. Anyway, I highly recommend this place to everyone. It's on first avenue in Cedar Rapids, just up the hill from the Cell Center. Just look for the tan and brown stucco building with the big bell painted on it. I might just see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment