Saturday, August 15, 2009

Fun Day

Friday was the last day of summer camp. While it's fun and I look forward to it every year, towards the end, I'm ready for it to be over. This year has to be the best ever in my opinion. The kids were great, nobody got hurt and everybody had a lot of fun. Our counselors and instructors were absolutely fabulous. I think I owe all of them a hot chocolate.

Michelle's brother and his family came down for the weekend to visit and to go to the St. Judes Sweet Corn Festival. They're camping close by at Sandy Beach Campground so we stopped in last night for some yummy burgers. There's nothing better than food cooked over an open fire. Everybody had a good time, nobody really got bit up by bugs too bad and the kids got to play in the water for awhile. Michelle and I decided that we're going to come down here next summer to try camping. We have almost all the equipment, but are just too nervous to try it with the girls. The campground is clean, inexpensive ($12/night) and there's a "beach" right there. All in all, a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment